Thursday, October 30, 2014

To every thing a season . . .


Ecclesiastes 3 King James Version (KJV)

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

 As I was looking at the leaves on my trees turning, I became a little depressed realizing that with the turning of leaves comes winter--- and how I dreaded another winter like 2014.  I looked at my dogwood which I had always admired with its red leaves, wanting to appreciate the beauty of the present. I saw something I'd never seen before.  There beside the leaves turning red were the red berries to nourish my beloved birds, but what's that white knob?  A bud!

In His infinite wisdom God opened my eyes to what was before me all along:  the hope for Spring, the resurrection of life was already there.  On the dogwood tree was the beauty of Autumn, nourishment for winter and promise of Spring.  Thank you God!

If you have a photo which inspires you, please consider sharing it and your thoughts with the congregation at St. Mark. Presbyterian  This is a congregational blog for us all to share our thoughts, epiphanies, and inspirations

No comments:

Post a Comment