Thursday, November 22, 2018

Worship Prayers from Nov. 25

CENTERING PRAYER  "Gracious God,help me to receive this day as gift: in the tasks for which I do not feel prepared, in the needs I am not strong enough to meet.  In my caution and in my confidence teach me to listen for your voice and to watch for your provision.  Grant me the gift of life in community, that I might witness your desire flowing through others, that I might be joined to greater service, for I pray in the name of Jesus, whose every breath was praise.  Amen."


CALL TO WORSHIP
Grace to you and peace from the one who is and who was and who is to come,
        and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead,
        and the ruler of the kings of the earth.
Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts.                                        
           The whole earth is full of God’s glory.
Come!  Let us worship our King together!

                                                                           
   PRAYER OF CONFESSION
Eternal God, we confess we fail to seek your will.  You come to us in glory, yet we hide our faces from you.  You speak to us in truth, but we close our hearts to your word.  Forgive us, God of grace.  Release us from sin, restore our lives, and rule in our hearts, this day and always; through Jesus Christ our Lord.  (Silent Confession)


SCRIPTURE READING                                                           John 18:33-37
                                                                                                                   
  For the Sermon "Who is the New What", Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment