Sunday, May 26, 2019

Worship Prayers for May 19

CENTERING PRAYER
Father, I have knowledge, so will you show me now, how to use it wisely and find a way somehow to make the world I live in a little better place, and make life, with its problems, a little bit easier to face. Grant me faith and courage and put purpose in my days, and show me how to serve you in effective ways, so my education, my knowledge, and my skill may find their true fulfillment as I learn to do your will. May I ever be aware in everything I do, that knowledge comes from learning, and wisdom comes from you. Amen.”

CALL TO WORSHIP (Psalm 148)
Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord from the heavens; praise him in the heights!
Praise him, all his angels; praise him, all his host!
Praise him, sun and moon; praise him, all you shining stars!
Praise him, you highest heavens, and you waters above the heavens!
Let them praise the name of the Lord, for he commanded and they were created.
Let us lift up our voices and lives to worship our God!

PRAYER OF CONFESSION
God of mercy, your command to love one another across all differences opens us to new horizons, yet we often respond with fear and judgment that hinders your goal for humanity. Forgive our sins, we pray, and give us a true repentance that leads to life for all creation. We continue to pray in Jesus’ name. (Silent Confession)

AFFIRMATION OF FAITH – The Apostles’ Creed
I believe in God, the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ his only son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; he descended into hell; the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the Holy Ghost, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.

SERMON “Lead, Follow, or Get out of the Way” Rev. Dr. Dave Burgess

No comments:

Post a Comment