Tuesday, August 13, 2019

School Begins with Love

Camouflaged against the asphalt, I was surprised I saw it. Maybe it was luck. Or maybe I was looking at the ground, feeling contemplative, as we were leaving church. The sermon today was on fear. How fear can grow & fester when kept inside, in the dark, and only in being honest with our fear can it be made lighter. 

To be honest, I was thinking about school starting this week. I was thinking about the dull drum of fear that pulses behind my excitement & enthusiasm. I was thinking, "I wonder if my mom had this weird background fear or is the world that much different now?" And if my mom did experience this uncomfortable limbo of emotions, I don't recall picking up on it.

 Instead, what I remember is she focused on the good and did what she could to remind my sisters & me that we are loved. Every day. So this little nudge that appeared after such contemplation, it was right on time. #notetoselftoday #chooselovetoday #iseeheartsallthetime


Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Dear God, Please be with the students, staff and parents on this first week of school.  Remind them all to have patience, be kind and begin the year with love. Amen

N. Douglas


No comments:

Post a Comment