receive it. We offer training and on-going support to those who wish to serve as Christian caregivers. Stephen Ministers help meet the needs of hospital patients and nursing home residents, new mothers, the divorced or bereaved, and other persons facing various stresses and transitions of life. While the majority of this Christian caregiving is to St. Mark members, we also minister to persons throughout the community based on referrals from St. Mark members and other community resources.
Our ministry during 2019 included:
- Providing approximately 500 hours of one-on-one service
- Offering support to several church members through, pastoral visits, phone contacts and cards
- Distributing 28 sets [4 books each] of Journeying through Grief booklets to persons after the loss of a family member
- Delivering 8 handmade prayer shawls to church members and friends during hospitalization or other crises
- Providing Greeters four times a year
- Providing a cancer support group for those in need Continuing to guide and support each other through small group peer supervision
- Providing Grief Share, a 13 week support group for people experiencing loss of a loved one, twice in the calendar year. The next session of Grief Share will begin March 3 at 6:30 PM downstairs in Room 17.
Active members of Stephen Ministry include: M. Fruechte, D. Hames, B. Lienemann, B. Nuzum, G. Wagner, J. Steward, K. Merz, J. Boehme, J. Morgan, D. Anderson and R. Mikes.