Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Our God Reins

 How beautiful upon the mountains

    are the feet of the messenger who announces peace,
who brings good news,
    who announces salvation,

    who says to Zion, “Your God reigns.” 

Isaiah 52:7

When I lived in rural Montana, I attended a weekly Bible study.  women from all of the congregations in the community would come together to praise and worship God.  A good portion of each gathering was spent in song, one spontaneous verse after another.  Most of the songs were taken right from scripture, inspired by the greatest author!  Today when I am finding it hard to express my thoughts in prayer, one of those wonderful verses will pop into my heart.  When I wanted to write about the message of the season, I found that the words from Isaiah that inspired the hymn "Our God Reigns" says it much better than I ever could.

Click here if no video appeared.

Diann Boast

Reprinted from 1998 Devotional with permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment