Monday, April 29, 2013

God Will Take Care of You

 "But I have trusted in Your mercy; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.  I will sing to the Lord.  Because He has dealt bountifully with me."  Psalm 13: 5-6

My favorite hymn, "Be not dismayed whate'er be tide, God will take care of you" has kept me going through many trials of my life.  My father had just passed away and we were heading to the Mayo Clinic for final diagnosis with my dear husband of 24 years.  We received the devastating news that Jim had ALS and probably wouldn't be here for Christmas, 1990.  Our daughters were 12 and 20.
Christmas came and went, and Jim was still with us.  He was re-diagnosed with X-linked Bulbar Muscular Atrophy.  Jim had two wishes:  to be here to see his daughters get married and to become a grandfather.  Somehow with God's help he finally walked Kitty and Patricia down the aisle.  And, we have nine beautiful grandchildren. . . Dear friends, please remember that God is always with us, during the wonderful times and trials in our life.  His wish for us may not be the same as ours, but trust Him.  He knows our every need.

Ellen Hynes (updated for 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment