Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Yoga Reflections

Tuesday I attended my first Yoga session here at St Mark and it was inspiring. When I arrived I was greeted by those yoga’ites (new word made up) who have been doing it for some time. At least I was not the lone ‘first timer’ this day as there may have been five other first timers too. How new was I to the yoga world, I couldn’t spell yoga before that day and I admit I didn’t know what to expect! Trying to listen to Pastor Susan as she put our bodies through all those different stretching positions was an undertaking. My vocabulary increased as I learned new meanings for words like: Triangle, Warrior, Tree, Child, Bridge, Locust, Cobra, and Sphinx to name a few. During our session all the routines look so easy with not much exertion but…ha! Don’t think for a moment that this yoga thing does not exhort your body. Half way through our lesson I was sweating pretty good because my ‘heart rate’ was peeking at a level that was ‘GOOD’ for you. If you can’t employ your body into all the different positions not to worry -- remaining at the basic position and not able to do some or any of the ‘add-on position’ will continue to benefit you. 

If I peeked your interest that is good. I believe I will return for another session! (July 15 9:30 AM downstairs)

Bob Lienemann

No comments:

Post a Comment