Sunday, September 28, 2014

Worship from Sept. 21


PRAYER IN PREPARATION FOR WORSHIP:  Lord, I know that You have been calling me all of my life.  You want me to come into Your presence and share my very soul with You.  The problem is I am afraid that if I do that, You will reject me.  Help me to set aside my fear of You so that I will come to You just as I am.  Fill me with a sense of Your Love, so that I can come to know You more fully.  In the name of Your Son I pray, Amen.      l                                                            
CALL TO WORSHIP
Leader:      Let us sing of the loving kindness of the Lord forever;
People:      To all generations we will make known Your faithfulness.
Leader:      The heavens will praise Your wonders, O Lord;
People:      Your faithfulness will be praised in the assembly of the holy ones.
Leader:      In Your name, O Lord, we will rejoice all day long,
People:      And by Your righteousness we will be exalted.

PRAYER OF CONFESSION
Lord, You show Your faithfulness to us in so many ways and all you want from us is to be faithful in return.  The problem lies in the fact that so often we put our own interests ahead of our relationship with You.  Forgive us for putting You in the "optional" part of our life.  Teach us through Your Spirit, to respond to Your faithful love of us with faithfulness on our part.  This we pray in the name of Jesus, AMEN.
Click here for Steve Ranney's sermon  for September 21 

No comments:

Post a Comment