Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Returning to Stillness



"Remember the stillness in you is always there to come back to." -Pastor Susan
Without a doubt, Tuesday yoga brings me to a better place than I was before practice. Yesterday, though, was a bit different.

For the past five weeks of Lent, each Tuesday, I have found myself drawn to a collage of post-its & pictures on the wall next to where I typically park my yoga mat. The collage is from the 3rd-5th grade Sunday School class. There is a picture of two hands joining two fingers & both thumbs in the shape of a heart & framing the sun. There is also a piece of paper with the word "Forgiveness". 

That word...it made me uneasy. It almost felt like a challenge. And although I would leave yoga feeling lighter, my head space was anything but still.
But yesterday, the collage didn't intimidate me as much. So instead of challenging it, I tried to invite it into my practice for the entire hour I was on my mat. 

Today, I have seen at least a dozen hearts. I believe they are always there, hanging out, waiting to be noticed. Sometimes, I live life too fast & I forget to look. Today, I think I came back to my place of stillness where I remembered to look. #iseeheartsallthetime #tuesdayismyspiritday

N. Douglas


Yoga St. Mark Presbyterian 
Tuesdays from 9:30am-10:30am in Room 17-19 Bring a mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment