Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Choose Love


"At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want."

– Lao Tzu

Cutting pineapple before dinner last night, a little nudge showed up on a slice of the pineapple. ♡
This morning, I strayed from that reminder to choose love when I loudly voiced my frustration with how long it was taking my girls to get dressed for school.
It wasn't a smooth drop off at school. Goodbyes were rushed. My actions & words did not feel loving. I feel terrible  when the day starts like this. And I know I am the one who made the choice to behave as I did.
"At the center of your being you... know who you are..."
I know I am not perfect. I know fear can drive me to irritability & unkindness. I know I am human. I know I can choose to admit when I've acted poorly. I know I can choose differently. I know I want to choose love. #iseeheartsallthetime #chooselovetoday #notetoselftoday

Nikki Douglas

No comments:

Post a Comment