Sunday, October 21, 2018

Worship Prayers for Oct. 14

CENTERING PRAYER  Steadfast, loving God, in the morning I sing your praise.  Give me wisdom for this day and rejoice in me, as I rejoice in you.  Steadfast, loving God, in the evening I bless your name.  Give me grace for this night and abide with me, as I abide in you.  Amen
       
CALL TO WORSHIP
Seek good and not evil; seek the Lord and live!
        May the Lord our God be with us.
Seek good and not evil, that justice may prevail.
        May the Lord our God show us grace.
Come.  Let us worship our great God together!
PRAYER OF CONFESSION
Eternal God, we confess we have failed to seek your will.  You show us what is good, but we remain enthralled by evil.  You offer us abundance, but we are satisfied with wealth.  Forgive us, God of grace.  By the power of your Word cut away all that is false and open our hearts to new life; through Jesus Christ our Lord.  (Silent Confession)
SCRIPTURE READING                                                           Mark 10:17-31
 For the Sermon "Costly Calls", click here.
† AFFIRMATION OF FAITH - Apostles’ Creed
I believe in God, the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ his only son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; he descended into hell; the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.  I believe in the Holy Ghost, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment