Sunday, February 17, 2019

Worship for February 10

***Worship was cancelled due to ice, but Pastor Dave Burgess gave the sermon live on Facebook---see below***

CENTERING PRAYER God, I give you thanks this morning as I watch the beauty of the world and see your love displayed all around me. Help me to listen to your creation sing, ponder the miracle of my own breathing, and celebrate your presence in it all. Holy, Holy, Holy! Increase my strength of soul today, and wherever I see a need, help me to respond, “Send me!” Amen.

CALL TO WORSHIP We come from different backgrounds on various roads to get here, But we are all here seeking an experience of the holy. Listen for the promise of God’s steadfast love and God’s faithfulness. We are listening for God’s call in our lives. Come! Let us worship the Lord!

PRAYER OF CONFESSION God of the universe and Creator of all that is, we admit we fail to be honest about our lives. We are not always trustworthy or loyal. You call us to be kind and obedient, but pettiness and anger leads us astray. Touch us with your grace and dispel our fear. Help us to follow you with our words and our deeds. We continue to pray in Jesus’ name. (Silent Confession)

SERMON “The Only Thing” Rev. Dr. Dave Burgess Click here  (sound gets better)

AFFIRMATION OF FAITH – Heidelberg Catechism Question One What is your only comfort in life and in death? That I am not my own, but belong – body and soul, in life and in death – to my faithful Savior, Jesus Christ. He has fully paid for all my sins with his precious blood, and has set me free from the tyranny of the devil. He also watches over me in such a way that not a hair can fall from my head without the will of my Father in heaven; in fact, all things must work together for my salvation. Because I belong to him, Christ, by the power of his Holy Spirit, assures me of eternal life and makes me wholeheartedly willing and ready from now on to live for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment