Sunday, June 30, 2019

Worship Prayers for June 23

CENTERING PRAYER
Dear God, today I will be tempted to wander away from you. By your Spirit, guide me in the ways
you want me to go. I may become discouraged by my own limitations or by interactions I have with others. Direct my thoughts, words, and actions so that they reflect your love, not only for me, but also for those around me. Remind me today and every day that, in Jesus Christ, I belong to you. That will be enough. Amen.

CALL TO WORSHIP
When forces in the world threaten us, when our bodies or spirits turn against us, there is One who seeks us, One who meets us, One who heals us, whose love washes over us and sets us free for joy. This One is the Lord. Come, let us worship God.

PRAYER OF CONFESSION
Holy One, God Most High, grant us faith to confess our sins and seek your mercy. There are barren places in our lives where we have wandered far from you. We have listened to voices who distracted us from your call. We have submitted to powers competing for our loyalty to you. We have not taken the hand you offer to lead us out of barren paths, and into your holy ways. God our Savior, forgive us. Quench our thirst for you from the Rock of our salvation, and let your love well up in us unto eternal life. Speak tenderly to us of your presence. Feed us with your word. Deliver us from evil. Let us enter into your kingdom; then send us out to serve you by the power of the Holy Spirit, in the name of your Son, Jesus Christ. (Silent Confession)

SERMON “The Deep End”  Rev. Dr. Dave Burgess

No comments:

Post a Comment