Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Worship at Home

 “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name” Psalm 9:14 NLT

It is Sunday morning. I’m settled in and enjoying the music being played by the Masked Bellringers. I’m tucked in, secure in the knowledge that this week I will not fall off the footstool . The best seat in the house for me is on mbp’s lap or extended legs. The problem was that when she moved I would slip off, go boom and land on the floor.

 We have now solved the problem. Grandpa’s comfy blue blanket is now our security blanket and it will not let me fall. Yes, we look a little silly curled up with the fleece blanket during the St. Louis days of summer. It works so I’m not complaining. Linus has his blanket and so do I!

 How many times we all need to feel the protection of God’s loving arms and support as we move through our daily lives. In this new normal or whatever we are calling it we need to feel secure and loved. Virtual hugs, phone calls, old and new photographs, notes and precious memories bring us through the dark or gloomy times. They provide a sense of security and well-being.

I have a blue blanket. Linus has his blanket. Mbp seems to have a whole flamboyance of flamingos. Take time today to hold a teddy bear or anything that gives you peace as a reminder that God is here with us for support and comfort.

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 24-25

Godspeed my friends,
Gaspod

No comments:

Post a Comment