Sunday, October 17, 2021

Order of Worship Youth Sunday October 17

 

 CENTERING PRAYER “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; teach and admonish one another inall wisdom, and with gratitude in your hearts sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs to God” (Colossians 3:16). 

PRELUDE To God Be The Glory arr. Huyes 

ANNOUNCEMENTS and WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS 

CALL TO WORSHIP Psalm 95 

Come, let us sing joyfully to God; 

Raise a shout to our rock, our deliverance! 

Let us come into God’s presence with thanksgiving 

And sing our praises with joy

Let us make a joyful noise! 

Let us make a joyful noise to our Lord and Maker! 

OPENING DRUM CIRCLE

 

† HYMN “O Sing to the Lord” Hymnal #637 


PRAYER OF CONFESSION 

Have mercy on me, O God, for I am a sinner. You know my wrongdoing. You know my weaknesses. You know my faults and failures. You know my mistakes. You know me, God, and yet you love me still. Remove my sin from me, I am guilty. Create in me a clean heart, ready to love you and love my neighbor. Make my slate clean. Forgive me and love me; restore to me joy that you have saved me. 


ASSURANCE OF GRACE 


† PASSING OF THE PEACE The peace of Christ be with you. And also with you. 


†GLORY TO GOD Hymnal #582 

 

TIME WITH CHILDREN (All children are welcome to stay in church for the youth led worship. However, students in PreK – 2 nd grade may choose to leave for Sunday School at this time.) 


SCRIPTURE Second Chronicles 5:11–14, Psalm 117 


PROCLAMATION OF THE WORD Psalm 148, Psalm 47, Psalm 100, Psalm 121, Psalm 150

 

† AFFIRMATION OF FAITH Psalm 23 

The Lord is our shepherd, we have everything we need from our God. God gives us rest in the green meadows and beside the cool waters; you, O God, restore our souls. We are led down right paths that bring honor to your name. Even when we walk through dark and difficult valleys we will not fear; for our God is with us, protecting, comforting, guarding and guiding every step we take. You prepare a table before us in the presence of our enemies; you lavish us with blessings to the point of overflowing. We know with confidence that your goodness and mercy will follow us all the days of our lives, and our eternity shall be in the house of the Lord forever and ever. Amen 


PRAYERS OF THE PEOPLE AND THE LORD’S PRAYER 

Abba God in heaven, holy is your name! May your reign come; may your will be done on earth as it is in heaven: give us today the bread of tomorrow. And forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us. Don’t put us to the test, but free us from evil. For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

 OFFERING Simple Gifts arr Faber Audrey Casey, Marsha Medley 

† THE DOXOLOGY Hymnal #606 

† HYMN “As the Deer” Hymnal #626 

† CHARGE AND BENEDICTION Closing Drum Circle “You Shall Go Out With Joy” Hymnal #80 

POSTLUDE Fantasia on “Forest Green” arr. Smith

 † You are invited to stand, as you are able.

No comments:

Post a Comment