Tuesday, February 15, 2022

23rd Psalm: My thoughts

 


While studying the Psalms in Sunday School Class, Pastor Dave Burgess, encouraged us to think about other ways of stating the 23rd Psalm since most of us don't really have shepherds in our lives.  For the next few weeks I will be sharing the results from our Sunday School class and our Writer's Life group.  We are grateful for all who agreed to share their thoughts.

My mother was my Teacher

She was my caregiver, protector, role model and friend

She was Love, Protection, and Model

We were to be responsible and held accountable for our behavior

She modeled being realistic and practical

She encouraged great education for girls as well as boys

Setting goals and working hard to achieve them

She led me through a happy and safe childhood

 

She gave much love, wisdom and humility

I was no better than kids or families who had no indoor toilet

And only a pump handle at the kitchen sink

(I did not see that in the city where I grew up, however I did in farmland homes of relatives in rural Illinois)

We were to treat all people with respect, regardless of their material trappings

We are all God’s children!

God sent his son, Jesus, to demonstrate

How to care for our fellow travelers through this life!

If we live with faith, compassion and love now

Then later we will reside with God forever.


L.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment