Sunday, April 23, 2023

Worship Prayers

 CENTERING PRAYER


 

God of signs and wonders, you reveal to us the good news that Jesus Christ is your son and our Savior. Strengthen our faith, that we may have life in Christ’s name. Amen.

 

 

CALL TO WORSHIP

 

Blessed be the God of our Savior, Jesus Christ!

God gives us a new birth in the living hope of the resurrection.

This inheritance is imperishable and unfading.

In this we rejoice, even when we suffer trials.

For although we have not seen Jesus, we love him;

and although we have not seen him, we believe in him.

For the outcome of our faith is the salvation of our souls.

 

 

PRAYER OF CONFESSION

 

God, you made known to us the ways of life. Yet, too often, we put other things above you and turn away from the ways of life to the ways of death. Forgive us and guide us back into your presence, that we may know the fullness of joy. (Silent Confession)

 

 

AFFIRMATION OF FAITH – Heidelberg Catechism Question One 

 

Q. What is your only comfort, in life and in death?   

 

A. That I belong--body and soul, in life and in death--not to myself but to my faithful Savior, Jesus Christ, who at the cost of his own blood has fully paid for all my sins and has completely freed me from the dominion of the devil; that he protects me so well that without the will of my Father in heaven not a hair can fall from my head; indeed, that everything must fit his purpose for my salvation. Therefore, by his Holy Spirit, he also assures me of eternal life, and makes me wholeheartedly willing and ready from now on to live for him. 

 

 

OFFERING

 

Children of God, we have no good apart from the Lord. Let us always be mindful of God’s love and give generously from all we’ve received, that others may also accept blessings from the fullness of God. Let us pray…

 

Generous God, you are our portion and our cup. In you our hearts are glad, our souls rejoice, and our bodies rest. Bless and multiply our tithes, offerings, and gifts, that they may bring the joy of your presence more deeply into the world. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment