Sunday, June 25, 2023

Worship Prayers June 25

 CENTERING PRAYER 


O God, I praise you as I arise this morning. You are the giver of all life and you provide for what you have made. Be with my spirit this day and teach me to be thankful for all that you offer. Be near to me and help me to trust your love. I pray for all the world today, for what I do has effects far beyond what I can know or understand. Amen.

CALL TO WORSHIP 

Do not be afraid: God hears our cries when we are lost. Do not be afraid: God does not leave us abandoned. Do not be afraid: God is with us, now and always.

PRAYER OF CONFESSION 

God of Abraham, Sarah, and Isaac, God of Hagar and Ishmael, who gave us your Son, Jesus Christ the crucified, send your Holy Spirit to help us confess and truly repent of our sins. We turn against one another; we fail to care for the weak and poor among us. We pay no heed to the cries of the powerless; we seek our own advantage. Your Son emptied himself upon a Roman cross and revealed your eternal, self-giving love. Forgive us, merciful God. Wipe sin from our lives and let us find ourselves

PRAYERS OF THE PEOPLE AND THE LORD’S PRAYER 

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment