Thursday, October 10, 2024

The Beauty of the Earth

 I recently had the great pleasure of travelling with my best friend for the first time in over 30 years. She and I have spent much time together since our last travel adventure, but had not taken any trips together during that time. Alaska is a beautiful state and we were blessed with some of the most gorgeous views that one can get from the deck of a cruise ship. I was reminded daily of the words in the hymn “The Beauty of the Earth”.


My bestie and I got to gaze upon and traverse some of the beautiful Alaskan scenery that our creator gave us to enjoy. And for that I am grateful. I am also grateful for the efforts that you all make toward being a greener more planet friendly congregation by using reusable containers, recycling plastic lids, swapping plastic out for paper, and so much more. This planet is ours to care for. This congregation is ours to care for. Let us consider these things and pray the words of the hymn above as we look ahead to the next part of our journey together. 

Peace and blessings,

Pastor MP

No comments:

Post a Comment