Monday, May 6, 2013

Why Do I Sing?

"Make a joyful noise to God, all the earth; sing the glory of His name: give to Him glorious praise!  All the earth worships Thee; they sing praises to Thee, sing praises to Thy name." Psalm 661-2, 4

"Clap your hands, all peoples!  Shout to God with loud songs of joy!" Psalm 47:1

Why do I sing?

Do I sing so that people will praise MY talent? . . . I used to.
Do I sing so that people will look at ME?. . .I used to.
Do I sing just to hear MY voice?. . .I used to.

Why do I sing?



Do I sing so that people will praise My LORD?. . .I do now, with God's help.
Do I sing so that people will feel the presence of My LORD?. . .I do now, with God's help.
Do I sing so people will hear the Voice of My LORD? . . .I do now, with God's help.

Sing to the Lord with all your heart.  Rejoice in the Lord with singing.  Invite Him in with song.  Don't worry who's beside you, in front, or behind you.  Don't worry who can hear you.  There is only one judge and He hears no wrong notes.

L. Huizenga

No comments:

Post a Comment