Sunday, February 2, 2014

Psalm 84


PSALM PSALM 84

1   How lovely is your dwelling place, 
          O Lord of hosts!
2   My soul longs, indeed it faints
          for the courts of the Lord;
     my heart and my flesh sing for joy
          to the living God.
3   Even the sparrow finds a home,
          and the swallow a nest for herself,
          where she may lay her young,
     at your altars, O Lord of hosts,
          my King and my God.
4   Happy are those who live in your house,
          ever singing your praise.                          Selah

5   Happy are those whose strength is in you,
          in whose heart are the highways to Zion.
6   As they go through the valley of Baca
          ithey make it a place of springs;
          ithe early rain also covers it with pools.
7   They go from strength to strength;
          ithe God of gods will be seen in Zion.
8   O Lord God of hosts, hear my prayer;
          give ear, O God of Jacob!                          Selah
9   Behold our shield, O God;
          look on the face of your anointed.
10  For a day in your courts is better
          than a thousand elsewhere.
     I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
          than live in the tents of wickedness.
11  For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
          he bestows favor and honor.
     No good thing does the Lord withhold
          from those who walk uprightly.
12  O Lord of hosts,
          happy is everyone who trusts in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment