Sunday, May 25, 2014

Forever Young

Prayer in Preparation (Celtic prayers from Iona):  In the beginning O God, you shaped my soul and set its weave.  You formed my body and gave it breath.  Renew me this day in the image of your love.  O great God, grant me your light.  O great God, grant me your grace.  O great God, grant me your joy this day and let me be made pure in the well of your health.  Amen.
Click here if the video doesn't appear above.

Prayer of Confession:  In quietness and confidence we come before you, God of grace and love.  In turning to you we know your grace accepts and your love transforms.  So we confess our sins, great and small:  the sins we know we should do something about; the sins we seem unable to do anything about.  We pray your forgiveness and ask that, as gold is refined in fire, you would burn away the impurities in our lives and make us strong and beautiful for you.  Hear us as we make our silent confession, O God, that we might be freed to be instruments of your grace and love. Amen.




Worship included honoring staff who had been with us for 10-15 years as well as the commissioning of six youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment