Sunday, April 26, 2015

Worship from April 19



PRAYER IN PREPARATION FOR WORSHIP:  Loving and Beloved God, in the resurrection of Christ you have overcome the powers of this world and shown your saving love for all people.  As Christ has loved us, may we remain in his love, growing in love for one another; through Christ your Incarnate Love, to whom with you and the Spirit, one holy God, be honor and praise now and forever.  Amen.


Call to Worship:
L:  The earth is the Lord's and all it contains

P:  Who may ascend the hill of the Lord and stand in God's holy place?

L:  The one who has clean hands and a pure heart, who has not lifted their soul to  falsehood.

P:  They shall receive a blessing from the Lord and righteousness from the God of their salvation.

L:  Let us worship the God of our salvation.  (adapted from Psalm 24)

Prayer of Confession
Lord, I acknowledge that one of the results of sin is my desire to control everything in my life.  I even try to control You, attempting to bend You to doing my will rather yielding myself to You.  Because of that, my life is often filled with anxiety as so many things are out of my control.  Forgive me for getting things backward.  Help me to let go of my desire to control You.  Free me from the anxiety that often controls me and fit me into Your plan for our world.  Amen. 

For the April 19 sermon, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment