Monday, August 8, 2016

Save the Date: PW Brunch

I love August! I’ve always loved August. My calendar year will always be August to July. August means It’s back-to-school-time. What’s more fun than a trip to get new school supplies? (Could have lived without the saddle oxfords K-12.) Then there were new bulletin boards to put up and first day activities about the Social Studies Spectrum. But then I retired. August was not a time of excitement. I must admit I had a couple of bad years. Then I met the Women’s Fall Brunch for St. Mark Presbyterian ladies! So now I again anticipate back-to-school-time. That means it’s time to move planning for the St. Mark Presbyterian Women’s Fall Brunch to the front burner!

This is an event that is low key, low-stress and most of all fun for everyone involved. The PW Board hosts the Fall Brunch to say thank you in advance for all the time, energy and effort that our St. Mark women will devote to PW activities this coming year. The event has a simple (almost routine), seemingly successful format. It is always surprising to me how it comes together. Once a theme has been selected at the spring board meeting, thinking hats appear. We could…or we could even…. So now ladies,

Don’t wait for pigs to fly! (See Proverbs 6:4)

Please join us as we celebrate the start of a new PW year
at the annual Fall Brunch on Saturday, September 10
at 10:00 a.m. in Gleason Hall.

Plan now to be our guests for a morning of fellowship, delicious food, entertainment and reflection. This is always a time to catch up with friends and make new ones. Miss Piggy et al. will star in this year’s “musical experience.”. As always, we guarantee smiles and a few laughs along the way. PW Board members will begin calling St. Mark women later in August. Be ready to make your reservation then or call the Church office to add your name to the guest list. If you have any questions, give me a call.

Remember, start the new year with lots of hogs and kisses and St. Mark PW!
Godspeed my friends,
Mary Beth Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment