Sunday, August 7, 2016

Worship Prayers for July 31

PRAYER IN PREPARATION:  O God, you have set before us a great hope that your kingdom will come on earth, and have taught us to pray for its coming:  Make us ready to thank you for the signs of its dawning, and to pray and work for the perfect day when your will shall be done on earth as it is in heaven.  In the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen
 CALL TO WORSHIP                                                                                                                      
Jesus said “Go and make disciples of ALL nations”
         Going is not busy work.
Going is not escape.
         Going is not running away.
Going is enabled by God’s counsel, authority given to Jesus and shared with US, Jesus’ disciples.
         Going is risky.
We are human.  This means our Going is not perfect, or always carefully choreographed
and sometimes there is failure, sin or a roadblock.
         Go is a command.  Go is a directive.
To Go with God is to embark on a ‘worthy adventure.’ So…let’s get Going! 
   THE CONFESSION                                                                                                                  
I was at the mall shopping for Egyptian Cotton sheets when an old man whispered…
         I have no bed
I was at an appliance store comparing ratings on a new subzero slate refrigerator when an African woman wept…
         I have no food
I hired a decorator to remodel my kitchen and to add more glass front cabinets when an Afghan child sobbed…
         I have no cup
I dreamed of building a getaway place, a cabin by the water, a country place…across the water came the cry…
         I have no country
I bought a new car for my daughter’s sweet sixteen when an orphan of war murmured…
         I have no loved ones
May God forgive us when our ears won’t hear and our eyes won’t see the sounds and sights of suffering around us…Amen

Click here to listen to the Youth Sunday Word Interpreted.

No comments:

Post a Comment