Sunday, September 17, 2017

Worship Prayers Sept. 19, 2017

CENTERING PRAYER - O God of this and every morning, as I begin this day, call my name; as I step into this day, guide my feet; as I live this day, care for those I love; as I learn this day, teach me your ways.  In Jesus’ name. Amen.


CALL TO WORSHIP
Praise the Lord!

         Sing God’s praise in the assembly of the faithful, for the Lord takes pleasure in the people.

Let the faithful sing for joy.

   PRAYER OF CONFESSION
Lord God, while we were still slaves to sin, you died for our salvation.  Yet we still worship the false gods of the world, forgetting that you are Lord.  Loving worldly wealth, we have not loved you with our whole heart nor loved our neighbors as ourselves.  Trusting worldly strength, we have not trusted your word nor followed the Word-made-flesh.  Forgiving by worldly norms, we have not shown mercy to others as you have shown mercy to us.  Forgive us yet again, we pray in Christ’s name. (Silent prayer)

ASSURANCE OF PARDON
Friends, hear the good news of the gospel: Who is in a position to condemn?
         Only Christ.  And Christ died for us; Christ rose for us;
Christ reigns in power for us; Christ prays for us.
Friends, believe the good news of the gospel:
         in Jesus Christ we are forgiven.


   SCRIPTURE                                                                                                                             Exodus 12:1-14

For the sermon "This Too Shall Pass", click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment