Sunday, September 24, 2017

Worship Prayers September 17

CENTERING PRAYER - “Gracious and loving God, thank you for this day.  Strengthen my resolve to love and show mercy throughout the day.  Lead my feet to your holy dwelling place, and guide the work I have to do for today.  In Jesus’ name I pray.  Amen.” (Feasting on the Word)


CALL TO WORSHIP (Romans 14:7-8)
We do not live to ourselves, and we do not die to ourselves.
         If we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord;
so then, whether we live or whether we die,
         we are the Lord’s.
Let us worship God.

   PRAYER OF CONFESSION
Gracious and loving God, you lived for us, but we have not lived for you.  You have forgiven us, but we have not forgiven others.  You have loved us, but we have not loved ourselves nor have we loved one another.  Take pity on us and forgive us, God. Help us to forgive.  Help us to live for you.  Help us to love through Christ our Lord. (Silent Confession)


SCRIPTURE                                                                                                              Romans 14:1, 5-6, 10-12

† AFFIRMATION OF FAITH – Heidelberg Catechism Question One
   Q.     What is your only comfort in life and in death?
   A.     That I am not my own, but belong – body and soul, in life and in death – to my faithful Savior Jesus Christ.  He has fully paid for all my sins with His precious blood, and has set me free from the tyranny of the devil.  He also watches over me in such a way that not a hair can fall from my head without the will of my Father in heaven: in fact, all things must work together for my salvation.  Because I belong to Him, Christ, by His Holy Spirit, assures me of eternal life and makes me whole-heartedly willing and ready from now on to live for Him.


   SCRIPTURE                                                                                                                           Exodus 14:19-31

For the sermon "Our Only Hope", click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment