Saturday, February 17, 2018

What Would We Do?

Luke 9:48 Whoever welcomes this child in my name, welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me, also welcomes the one who sent me.  For the one who is least among you is the greatest.

What would we do if Jesus came to town? 
Would we believe his preaching or tear him down? 
What would we say about this man we see? 
Would we compliment his ideas or doubt his ability? 
And if he called on us to help his plight,
Would we have excuses or join his fight?

Is not each new person we meet a child of God-a reason to be kind when we speak?

Perhaps we are called in a more subtle way to follow our Lord, to let him stay.

Dear Lord, help me be kind to those I meet; help my life reflect your ways.

Reprinted with permission of Renee Vetter from St. Mark Presbyterian's Lenten Devotional 2000



Read the Gospels in 40 Days: Luke 9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment