Sunday, May 13, 2018

Worship Prayers May 6

CENTERING PRAYER:  Holy One, I begin today breathing in your love for me, for others, and for the world.  Keep me mindful of all the marvelous things you are doing around and within me.  Help me to feel my friendship with Jesus and his confidence in me.  Maintain in my heart the image of myself as a tree, bearing the fruit of Christ’s love everywhere I go today.  Amen.

       
CALL TO WORSHIP
Sing to our God a new song.
         God has done marvelous things!
Make a joyful noise to the Lord!
         Break forth into joyous song and sing praises.
Let the sea roar and all that fills it.
         Let the world and its people sing together for joy!
Come!  Let us worship our creative God together!


   PRAYER OF CONFESSION
Loving God, we confess we have not loved you or each other with our whole hearts.  We have ignored the discipleship road and followed the path of least resistance.  Forgive us, we pray, and lead us toward wholeness, that we may be filled with your joy.  We continue to pray in Jesus name.  (Silent Confession)


  
SCRIPTURE READING                                                                          Acts 10:44-48

  
† AFFIRMATION OF FAITH –  Westminster Confession of Faith Shorter Catechism Question One
        What is our chief end?
        Our Chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy God forever.


For the sermon "Where Did You Go to High School", click here

No comments:

Post a Comment