Sunday, March 24, 2019

Worship Prayers for March 17

CENTERING PRAYER* 


God of Love, God of Peace, this fractured word cries out in pain, burns deep into my soul, and challenges me to make a difference.
God of Love, God of Peace, God of this world, scarred by grief and tears ignorance and  fear, soften hearts of stone and begin with mine.
God of Love, God of Peace, create within me a heart for people, a desire for change, for new beginnings to start this day.


CALL TO WORSHIP (Psalm 27)

The LORD is my light and salvation; whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
One thing I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after:
to live in the house of the Lord all my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.
Come! Let us worship our saving LORD together.

PRAYER OF CONFESSION

Merciful God, you made us citizens of heaven, but we confess we have set our minds on earthly things. We let our desire for security restrain our commitment to serve the poor. We let our fear of danger curb our obligation to love our enemies. We let our love of things dull our generosity to the needy. We let our craving for public status prevent our honesty about hidden sins. Yet, you know the desires of our heart and nothing is hidden from you. By the power of the Holy Spirit, conform our sin-weakened bodies to the glory of Christ, that we may be the body of Christ for the world. (Silent Confession)

For the sermon,"Catching Stones", Click Here.

*J. Birch, faithandworship.com

No comments:

Post a Comment