Sunday, May 7, 2023

Worship Prayers May 7

 Centering Prayer 


Let us pray. God, you have created us to do some definite service. You have called us to some work and purpose that you have not committed to another. We have my mission. We have a bond of connection between persons. You have not created us as individuals for nothing. So, we shall do good. We shall do your work. We shall be preachers of truth without intending it if we but open our hearts and eyes and follow you. Therefore, we will trust you. Whatever we are, we can never be thrown away. You do nothing in vain; nothing is wasted if it is brought into our lives by you. You know what you are doing. Amen.

 

Call to Worship

In a world of categories and labels,

We are seen by a God who loves us.

In a world of fairytales and falsehoods,

We are known by a God who loves us.

In a world of long-term plans and stressful decisions,

We are blessed by a God who loves us.

We are loved by a God who sees, knows, and blesses us.

Let us worship God.

 


 

 

Prayer of Confession (unison)

O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know the me that I show everyone else and the me I hope no one ever sees. You know the me that tris to fit in and the me that is often overlooked. You know that I often look on the world selfishly, seeing only the things I want to see and pleading ignorance to the rest. In your mercy, unblur my vision that I might focus on my life and the world as they are and not as I pretend them to be. Forgive me for the ways in which I have denied reality and made excuses for myself and others. Wash the mud from my eyes and renew my sight, I pray. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord. Amen.

 

 


Affirmation of Faith (based on Psalm 23)

The Lord is our shepherd, we have everything we need from our God.

God gives us rest in the green meadows and beside the cool waters;

You, O God, restore our souls.

We are led down right paths that bring honor to your name.

Even when we walk through dark and difficult valleys we will not fear;

For our God is with us, protecting, comforting, guarding and guiding every step we take.

You prepare a table before us in the presence of our enemies;

You lavish us with blessings to the point of overflowing.

We know with confidence that your goodness and mercy will follow us all the days of our lives, and our eternity shall be in the house of the Lord forever and ever. Amen

 


 

Great Prayer of Thanksgiving and the Lord’s Prayer (Responsive)

For all who hunger

Something to eat

For all who thirst

Something to drink

May all who are outside

Be invited in

May all who are exposed

Be sheltered and clothed

For all who are sick

Healing and comfort

For all who are imprisoned

Liberation and love

Give us eyes to see

And Hearts to know

That as we do for the least of these

We do for you, O Christ We do for you.

 

Our Father in heaven,help us to honor    your name.Come and set up    your kingdom,so that everyone on earth    will obey you,as you are obeyed    in heaven.Give us our food for today.Forgive us for doing wrong,    as we forgive others.Keep us from being tempted    and protect us from evil.

For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

 

 


 

Charge

One: From where we are to where you need us,

All: Jesus, now lead on.

One: From the security of what we know to the adventure of what you will reveal.

All: Jesus, now lead on.

One: To refashion the fabric of this world until it resembles the shape of your kingdom,

All: Jesus, now lead on.

One: Because good things have been prepared for those who love God,

All: Jesus, now lead on. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment