Sunday, November 5, 2023

Worship Prayers November 5

 CENTERING PRAYER


 

In life and in death, you bless us, O God. When trouble overwhelms, you save us. When sorrow overtakes, you comfort us. When death overcomes, you overcome death and raise us to new life. You promise us joy everlasting and, even now, give us glad hope and glimpses of your realm, which is to come when Christ makes all things new. For calling us your children and bestowing upon us such great love, we give you thanks, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

 

CALL TO WORSHIP (Psalm 43)

 

O send out your light and your truth;

let them lead me;

let them bring me to your holy hill

and to your dwelling.

Then I will go to the altar of God,

to God my exceeding joy;

and I will praise you with the harp,

O God, my God.

 

 

PRAYER OF CONFESSION

 

We acknowledge before you, O God, that we are drawn to false teachings. We succumb to the adoration of this world when we seek to be noticed, crave being honored, and look for the best seats. E ignore the true teach who calls us to lives of humility, kindness, and service toward others. Forgive us. Help us to practice the teaching of Jesus. We long to place our burdens on you, confident you will lighten our journeys. We long to easer the burdens of our friends, families, neighbors, and creatures of earth. Set us on your path, O God. We continue to pray in Jesus’ name. (Silent Confession)

 

 

AFFIRMATION OF FAITH – Heidelberg Catechism Question One

 

Q. What is your only comfort, in life and in death?   

 

A. That I belong--body and soul, in life and in death--not to myself but to my faithful Savior, Jesus Christ, who at the cost of his own blood has fully paid for all my sins and has completely freed me from the dominion of the devil; that he protects me so well that without the will of my Father in heaven not a hair can fall from my head; indeed, that everything must fit his purpose for my salvation. Therefore, by his Holy Spirit, he also assures me of eternal life, and makes me wholeheartedly willing and ready from now on to live for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment