Sunday, September 1, 2024

Worship Prayers September 1

 CENTERING PRAYER


 

Almighty God, in Christ you show us the way, reveal your truth, and offer us everlasting life. Keep our eyes upon you, that we may see your path more clearly, know your truth more fully, and receive your life more abundantly; through Christ who dwells with you and the Holy Spirit in eternal glory. Amen.

 

 

CALL TO WORSHIP (Psalm 61)

 

Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer.

From the end of the earth I call to you,

when my heart is faint.

Lead me to the rock that is higher than I;

for you are my refuge, a strong tower against the enemy.

Let me abide in your tent for ever,

May we find refuge under the shadow of your wings.

Come, let us worship our God together.

 

 

PRAYER OF CONFESSION

 

Almighty God, your word offers freedom from sin, but we choose to remain in bondage. We harbor malice toward our enemies; we are deceitful in our relationships; we are insincere in our commitments. We work for ourselves instead of abiding in your love. Forgive us our sins and lead us to genuine repentance. Reconnect us to your power and help us bear good fruit. We ask this in Jesus’ name. (Silent Confession)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment