Sunday, August 10, 2014

Worship August 3


PRAYER IN PREPARATION FOR WORSHIP:  Gracious God, we thank you for the support and love that we find in community with you and with each other. Center our hearts, minds, bodies and souls upon your love in this worship celebration, so that our love will flourish for you. Amen       
CALL TO WORSHIP (adapted from Psalm 17:1-7, 15)
Leader:      Hear a just cause, O LORD; attend to my cry; give ear to my prayer from lips free of deceit.  From you let my vindication come; let your eyes see the right.

People:      If you try my heart, if you visit me by night, if you test me, you will find no wickedness in me; my mouth does not transgress.

Leader:      As for what others do, by the word of your lips I have avoided the ways of the violent. My steps have held fast to your paths; my feet have not slipped.

People:      I call upon you, for you will answer me, O God; incline your ear to me, hear my words.  Wondrously show your steadfast love, O savior of those who seek refuge from their adversaries at your right hand.

All:             As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake I shall be satisfied, beholding your likeness.
 
PRAYER OF CONFESSION
O Lord, our God, You know the kind of people we are, and You know from where we come to this sanctuary.  You know the emptiness that follows us here and our longing to be whole. Also, You know our faults, failures and transgressions; You know us as clearly as face to face.  Be merciful, O God, and let Your grace cover our needs.  Forgive our foolish ways.  Heal the wounds we have sustained.  God, who is the Bread of life, have mercy on us.  Amen
For Sean Butler's sermon "Faith Struggles", Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment