Thursday, March 23, 2017

Surviving the Darkness

We have all faced times when we have felt that we are alone:  Pitted against formidable problems, at odds with those who love us, depressed, stressed, and sitting in darkness.  We feel unloved and unlovable.  It is at these times God our Father longs to comfort us.  We have only to open our hearts to Him and He will surround us with strength and love.

During a crisis with my youngest daughter, I was fearing the worst.  Well the worst did happen, but the world did not fall apart.  I turned to God and asked Him to give me courage to face the situation.  He lifted me above the dark clouds and through some wonderful people, gave my daughter and me the insight to work through the crisis.  He is always there for us, and we need not fear.  We just need to turn to him.


Isaiah 49:15-16New Century Version (NCV)

1The Lord answers, “Can a woman forget the baby she nurses?
    Can she feel no kindness for the child to which she gave birth?
Even if she could forget her children,
    I will not forget you.
16 See, I have written your name on my hand.
    Jerusalem, I always think about your walls.

Written by and published with permission of D. Boast.  From St. Mark Presbyterian's Lenten Devotional 1998.




No comments:

Post a Comment