Sunday, July 8, 2018

Worship Prayers for July 1

CENTERING PRAYER  By your grace I arise from my bed this morning, Lord; by the power of your Spirit I draw my breath.  As the dawn brightens into day, enlighten my mind with your truth and open my heart to all those I meet, that I might reflect the light of Jesus Christ, in whose name I give thanks and praise.  Amen.


CALL TO WORSHIP (Psalm 130)
I wait for the Lord,
        my soul waits, and in God’s word I hope.
My soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning,
        more than those who watch for the morning.
In faith, let us turn to our God, whose love is sure.


   PRAYER OF CONFESSION
Trusting you does not always come easy when each day we are faced with the ugliness of the world.  We do not believe that love conquers fear.  We are not convinced that power comes through weakness.  We cannot conceive how you could heal us.  Forgive our lack of faith, O God, and renew our trust in you, for we would be disciples of Jesus, in whose name we continue to pray.  (Silent Confession)

  

SCRIPTURE READING                                                  2 Corinthians 8:7-15

  

† AFFIRMATION OF FAITH –  Westminster Confession of Faith Shorter Catechism Question One
        What is our chief end?
        Our chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy God forever.

The Sermon "Free and Fair"   click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment