Sunday, September 2, 2018

Worship Prayers for Aug. 26

CENTERING PRAYER  Living God, give me strength for this day.  Let your truth surround me, your righteousness defend me, your gospel guide me, your trustworthiness shield me, and your salvation protect me, that in every trial I may stand by the power of your Spirit and live by your holy Word. Amen.

     
CALL TO WORSHIP
How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD of hosts!
        My soul longs, indeed it faints for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh sing         for joy to the living God.
Happy are those who live in your house, ever singing your praise.
        Happy are those whose strength is in you, in whose heart are the highways to Zion.
O LORD of hosts, happy is everyone who trusts in you.


   PRAYER OF CONFESSION
Watchful God, you know our plight.  We are offended by your call to discipleship, and we have not believed your words.  Complaining, we have betrayed your love.  We are weak, estranged, wandering, and lost.  Seeking to stand in our own strength, we fall. Strangers to your holiness, we wander.  Defenseless against evil within and without, we are lost.  Shine your light in our darkness, and guide us back to our place in you.  We continue to pray in Jesus' name.  (Silent Confession)



SCRIPTURE READING                                                    Ephesians 6:10-20

  


† AFFIRMATION OF FAITH - Apostles’ Creed
I believe in God, the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ his only son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; he descended into hell; the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.  I believe in the Holy Ghost, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.  Amen.

For the sermon "Till the Fight is Done", click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment