Monday, September 23, 2019

I BELIEVE

 by Judy Richardson
September 17, 2019

I am pondering what I believe and it challenges me to put it into words. I have always thought of my beliefs as a private matter, rarely shared except when I attended Church, which I just didn’t do from my mid-20’s until my late 60’s.

Now I contemplate the end of my days and so I return on bended, humble knees, since replaced with new ones.

I believe that God has watched over me all these years even when I didn’t deserve his love and consideration. My heart cries out when I consider the great gift of his son who had to die to provide salvation for my poor, selfish, sad soul.

I believe in the power of love and its ability to help me every day.

I believe in the love of my husband, my daughter, my grandsons, my son-in-law and all of his family.

I believe that when I die I will join my father, mother, grandmother and grandfather in heaven.

 I believe that it is not my job to judge my neighbors for what they believe. Only God can judge our relationship with him, whatever name we use to pray to him.

I believe in the ideals that my great country has stood for and fought for and I believe in welcoming newcomers to add their talents to this great nation.

I believe that there is evil in this world and that we have to fight against it every day. It takes the form of cruelty and dehumanizing words and actions against our fellow men.

I believe in listening more and speaking less so I can benefit from the knowledge of others.

I believe that it is God’s miracle that we enjoy our beautiful planet which is really just a large rock constantly rotating around a huge ball of fire. How can I not believe in God the Creator?

 “Jesus loves me, this I know for the Bible tells me so…...” I believe.

1 comment:

  1. nd I liI've commented before, but I wanted to say how blessed I am by someone who knows they have not earned God's grace and appreciates the way God has reached out with "streams of mercy never ceasing." And I like that you have found the courage to go public with your beliefs. Presbyterians can be rather secretive about this. I aways enjoy your writing, sacred or secular.

    ReplyDelete