Tuesday, October 1, 2019

I Believe. . . .

I Believe…
God made the universe.
God loves us unconditionally.
God is always with us.
God has shown us the right way to live.
God has shown us the way to eternal life.
God gives us strength and ultimate peace.

Being engaged and productive each day is important.
Balance in life is important: work, play, spiritual, physical activity, quietness.One area should not override the others, or problems will occur.

Knowing when to speak and when to be quiet is important—God gave us two ears and two eyes but only one mouth for a reason.

Honesty and integrity will never fail you.
That once safety, food and shelter needs are met, happiness is a choice.
Happiness cannot come from another person, but is within ourselves.

Giving to others of our time, talents and gifts, is what God calls us to do.
Focusing on others is healthier than focusing on ourselves.
Common courtesy and kindness are easy, but still much needed in this world.
Relationships must not be taken for granted, but must be continually nurtured.
Relationships are vital for good mental health.
We don't have to agree with everyone, but we do need to love them. God will sort it out. We must not judge.

God wants us to enjoy, appreciate and take care of God's creation.
We all have a purpose in life, and it may change from time to time.

Family is my bedrock foundation, gifts from God that I cherish.
Family love for each other grows when we spend time together.
My family and other loved ones will be with me again when I die.

God has been good to me and I am blessed beyond measure.
I should be open to new ideas and challenges continually.
God isn't finished with me yet.

Sharon Cardwell
9/17/19

1 comment:

  1. I have commented on your very affirmative and grateful belief statement before. I still love your emphasis on relationships and developing them by love and the reaching out to others in your circle. Thanks for sharing your honest reflections.

    ReplyDelete