Saturday, April 11, 2020

Anticipating Easter Sunday

For the on-line worship services Maundy Thursday and Good Friday, click here.

EASTER SUNDAY

I love our Glory to God hymnal, and it holds many wonderful traditional and contemporary songs. It is not perfect, I know, and there are several resurrection hymns omitted including, “In the Garden” and “He Lives.” These were standbys in the churches of my youth, and they are worth singing in our Sunday worship and our weekly work. I am including the second verse and chorus of “He Lives” below, and I pray you will find encouragement in its words this week.
In all the world around me I see His loving care
And though my heart grows weary I never will despair
I know that He is leading, through all the stormy blast
The day of His appearing will come at last
He lives (He lives), He lives (He lives), Christ Jesus lives today
He walks with me and talks with me
Along life's narrow way
He lives (He lives), He lives (He lives), Salvation to impart
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart
I hope you will be able to join us for online worship on Sunday morning at 10:30 am as we celebrate the resurrection together. Everyone is also welcome to attend our Drive-In Easter Sunday Celebration at 9:00 am in the St. Mark parking lot. We will lead a sunrise service broadcast over 88.5 FM on your car radio. This is a chance to worship together and safely keep our distance at the same time.
  • Parking lot attendants will direct you to your spot.
  • Some cars will need to back in to the spot to see the worship leaders.
  • Everyone will need to remain in their vehicles with their windows up.
  • In the event of heavy rain, we will cancel this event. We need a dry day for the radio equipment outside.
  • Everyone is invited, but if you feel uneasy or unsafe in any way, we encourage you to stay home.
Please feel free to contact the church office with any questions or concerns. We look forward to celebrating the resurrection with you this weekend.
He is Risen, Indeed!
Pastor Dave and Pastor MP

No comments:

Post a Comment