Sunday, April 25, 2021

Worship Service April 25


 April 25, 2021 
10:00 am Sunday Virtual Service 
ORDER OF WORSHIP


CENTERING PRAYER 

We are your people, O God – the sheep of your pasture, the flock you gather. Lead us beside still waters; teach us the way of righteousness; and feed us at your table; through Jesus Christ, our good shepherd. Amen.


PRELUDE      Joyous Procession       Lorenz 


WELCOME and ANNOUNCEMENTS 

 

CALL TO WORSHIP

 

The Lord Jesus Christ is our shepherd.

He lays down his life for his sheep.

The Lord Jesus Christ is our shepherd.

He knows us, and we belong to him.

The Lord Jesus Christ is our shepherd.

He speaks, and we listen for his voice.


† HYMN      “Savior, like a Shepherd Lead Us”      Hymnal #187

 

PRAYER OF CONFESSION

 

Lord, have mercy on us. We talk about love, but our actions betray us. We talk about love, but we neglect the poor. We talk about love, but we fail to love one another. Lord, have mercy on us. Forgive us, and abide in us by the power of your Spirit so that our lives may show our love for Jesus Christ, in whose name we continue to pray. (Silent Confession)


ASSURANCE OF GRACE


 † SHARING THE PEACE OF CHRIST 


The peace of Christ be with you. And also with you


SCRIPTURE                     John 10:11-18 


SERMON      “Know Your Worth”      Rev. Dr. Dave Burgess

 

AFFIRMATION OF FAITH – Heidelberg Catechism Question One

 

Q. What is your only comfort, in life and in death?  

A. That I belong--body and soul, in life and in death--not to myself but to my faithful Savior, Jesus Christ, who at the cost of his own blood has fully paid for all my sins and has completely freed me from the dominion of the devil; that he protects me so well that without the will of my Father in heaven not a hair can fall from my head; indeed, that everything must fit his purpose for my salvation. Therefore, by his Holy Spirit, he also assures me of eternal life, and makes me wholeheartedly willing and ready from now on to live for him.

 

OFFERING

 

How does God’s love abide in anyone who has the goods of the world and sees a sibling in need, yet refuses to help? With love of God and neighbor, let us offer our lives to the Lord. Please pray with me.

 

Gracious God, we give you thanks for showing us the meaning of love through Jesus Christ. Show us how to share this love by giving our lives for one another; to the glory of your holy name. Amen.


SPECIAL MUSIC      My Shepherd Will Supply My Need       arr. Medley

 Emmersen Douglas, voice & Declan Phipps, cello 


† THE DOXOLOGY 


PRAYERS OF THE PEOPLE AND THE LORD’S PRAYER 


† HYMN      “Softly and Tenderly Jesus Is Calling”      Hymnal #418 


† CHARGE AND BLESSING 


† BENEDICTION RESPONSE      “Be Joyful”      Kaiser 


POSTLUDE      The Kind of Love My Shepherd Is        Irish Melody 


†You are invited to stand, as you are able. 

No comments:

Post a Comment