Tuesday, March 15, 2022

23rd Psalm: My Mentor

 The Lord is my mentor,


I’ll not lack for insight.

He exposes me to the best books.

He leads me through experiences he has walked before me.

He advises me when to give myself a break.

He helps me make ethical decisions.

When my career depends on careful choices, he helps me avoid the deadly ones.  He prepares me to face opposition with courage.

My mentor shows me how big things can become little things and little things big. 

Deciding between one or the other can bring rich rewards.

Because my mentor is gracious and merciful, I am confident in my profession.                          

I trust him to keep me thoughtful and centered my entire life.

Bill Tucker

Photo by Medienstürmer on Unsplash

While studying the Psalms in Sunday School Class, Pastor Dave Burgess, encouraged us to think about other ways of stating the 23rd Psalm since most of us don't really have shepherds in our lives.   We are grateful for all who agreed to share their thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment