Sunday, March 12, 2023

Worship Prayers March 11 and 12

CENTERING PRAYER – Dietrich Bonhoeffer  

 

O God, early in the morning I cry to you. 

Help me to pray 

And to concentrate my thoughts on you; 

I cannot do this alone. 

In me there is darkness, 

But with you there is light; 

I am lonely, but you do not leave me; 

I am feeble in heart, but with you there is help; 

I am restless, but with you there is peace. 

In me there is bitterness, but with you there is patience; 

I do not understand your ways, 

But you know the way for me…. 

Restore me to liberty, 

And enable me to live now 

That I may answer before you and before all. 

Lord, whatever this day may bring, 

Your name be praised. 

Amen. 

 

 

CALL TO WORSHIP (Psalm 1) 

 

Happy are those who do not follow the advice of the wicked,  

or take the path that sinners tread, or sit in the seat of scoffers;  

but their delight is in the law of the LORD,  

and on his law they meditate day and night.  

They are like trees planted by streams of water,  

which yield their fruit in its season, and their leaves do not wither.  

In all that they do, they prosper. 

Come! Let us worship our God together. 

 

PRAYER OF CONFESSION 

Loving God, you dwell among us, but we do not notice. You enter into the world, but we do not sing. You are working every day, but we do not join. We do not display the fruits of the Spirit, and when you look for our good works, we are as barren as a tree in the cold of winter. Do not cut us off from your love or remove us from your presence, O God. Forgive us, prune us, and restore us to a right relationship with you, with one another, and with your creation. We pray this in Jesus’ name. (Silent Confession)  

 

 

OFFERING 


We thank you God for the many gifts you give us. Bless the seeds as they grow. Bless the harvest as it's shared. Bless these offerings, and may our lives continually bear the fruit of your Holy Spirit. Amen.   


For the complete bulletin, click here

 

No comments:

Post a Comment