Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Faith Story: Rainbows of Hope


 Rainbows are rare, much more so a double rainbow. They are symbols of hope, new beginnings and transformation associated with God’s protection.

When my husband Jerry passed away in 2012, I was lost. In 2013, the first time I went alone to Kauai, our special place, I was Scared, mostly because there were lots of unknowns to be embraced. Scared of the transitions I was going through and scared of my future without my soul mate.

As I stood on my lanai lost and very sad, I prayed to the Lord — “if only You could make it so clear, God, like a rainbow in the next 24 hours then I will be assured I can move on .”At the time, I honestly didn’t really believe that God would do it. After all, it was simply an honest plea of my trembling heart, expressed candidly.Lo and behold, within that very same day, a double rainbow appeared! Double rainbow in all the magnificent colors. I now see at least a single one each year when I stay at same condo.

That started the process for me to see where the Lord was leading me and the help I needed to face the future.”

As a result of my faith experience in 2013, (the only year I did not go to Kauai was 2020 - first trip 1989) a rainbow or double have appeared each year. When I leave I now walk to the ocean with plumeria petals which I throw into the water and pray that I might return the next year.

Sue Snyder, October 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment