Sunday, October 29, 2023

Worship Prayers for Oct. 29

 CENTERING PRAYER (Martin Luther)


 

Behold, Lord, an empty vessel that needs to be filled. My Lord, fill it.

I am weak in faith; strengthen thou me.

I am cold in love; warm me and make me fervent that my love may go to my neighbor.

I do not have a strong and firm faith; at times I doubt and am unable to trust thee altogether.

O Lord, help me. Strengthen my faith and trust in thee.

In thee I have sealed the treasures of all I have.

I am poor; Thou art rich and didst come to be merciful to the poor.

I am a sinner; Thou are upright.

With me, there is an abundance of sin; in thee is the fullness of righteousness.

Therefore, I will remain with thee of who I can receive, but to whom I may not give.

Amen.

 

 

CALL TO WORSHIP

 

You shall love the Lord your God

with all your heart,

and with all your soul,

and with all your mind,

and you shall love your neighbor as yourself.

On these two commandments hang

all of the law and the prophets.

We come to worship the God of Love together.

 

 

PRAYER OF CONFESSION

 

Your holiness, O God, commands that we confess: We have neither loved our neighbors as ourselves nor honored ourselves as your beloved creation. We have judged unjustly, regarded others ungenerously, profited at the losses of those near and distant, borne grudges, desired vengeance, and kept silence in the face of wrongdoing. We long to live in accord with your desire that your way of compassion, kindness, and honesty will govern our hearts and minds, turning us toward lives of peace. Forgive us and lead us. (Silent Confession)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment