Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Signs of Spring

There are many signs that Spring is coming---some bulbs are blooming and other bulbs are showing growth.  Some have reported flocks of robins, and still others report the groundhog did not see his shadow---Spring will be early this year.

For me Lent is a sign of spring.  As opposed to my Catholic cousins and many Protestants, I don't give anything up for Lent.  Instead, I take something on----I read the Bible more, read devotionals more, make a concerted effort to pray more. I don't eat more fish, but instead give more food to Circle of Concern.  It is a spiritual re-birth for me not sacrifice.

Won't you join me in reflecting more on what Lent means by writing a piece for this blog ? (put it in the Historian's mailbox or e-mail me)



Or, you can attend the Wednesday evening observances of Lent at St. Mark Presbyterian beginning with Ash Wednesday.  Worship is at 6:30 PM (in the sanctuary).  Feb. 20, 27, March 6, 13 will also have the Holy Week in Word and Art "Wondrous Love" from 6:30 PM-7:15 (in Fellowship Hall).

Or, you can visit this blog for devotional pieces written by members and former members.  If you subscribe to the blog, these devotions will be automatically mailed to you when new ones are published.

Or, you can join the Church choir, help with the Jerusalem Festival or Maundy Thursday worship.

If you join me in "taking on" a more spiritual life during this Lenten season, I think you will find that Spring will be here before you can say, "Hallelujah"

No comments:

Post a Comment