Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Doing For Others

Matthew 25:40  The King will reply, "I tell you, whenever you did this for one of the least important of these brothers of mine, you did it for me."

I'm a husband, a Dad, a son, a brother, and many other things to many people.  I don't think about themany titles or the many hats I wear.  I live my life for my family, my God my church, and all those people who depend on me for one reason or another.  But, how about all those others who may not have anyone they can depend on, on a day-by-day basis?  Even though our plate may be full, can wetake time each day to do something for someone else who would least expect it?  Can we do an act of kindness each day for someone and remain anonymous?  Jesus will know and you will know someone benefitted by your thoughtfulness.  Your kindness to another may be minimal but to that person it could mean much more.  Maybe there is no one in their life who ever does anything for them or maybe that person seldom does anything helpful for anyone else either.  Your random act of kindness may motivate someone to pass it on to another, and with God's blessings, you may start a new routine in others to do something each day for someone who would least expect it.





Remember that phrase, "Do something each day for someone who would least expect it."  You will know what to do when the opportunity confronts you.  Just do it!  Jesus tell us to love one another, and to show our love in action, or a kind word of thoughtfulness or encouragement.  Let your love for God and his love for you be real in your life every day.  Live it, rejoice in it, and pass it on.  May God bless you and all who come in contact with you today and every day.

Printed with permission of J. MacDonald from the St. Mark Presbyterian 2000 Lenten Devotional

No comments:

Post a Comment