Sunday, September 27, 2015

Worship Prayers from Sept. 20


PRAYER IN PREPARATION  Lord, I know that you have been calling me all of my life.  You want me to come into your presence and share my very soul with you.  The problem is I am afraid that if I do that, you will reject me.  Help me to set aside my fear of you so that I will come to you just as I am.  Fill me with a sense of your love, so that I can come to know you more fully.  In the name of your Son I pray, Amen.
CALL TO WORSHIP
The Lord's unfailing love and mercy never cease,
         fresh as the morning and sure as the sunrise.
Let us worship God.
   PRAYER OF CONFESSION
Gracious God of light and life, each and every morning we have reason to praise you for your re-creation of a new day.  We approach you in your holiness and might only through the merits of Jesus Christ, confessing that our lives are less than perfect, and often reveal our all too human weaknesses.  As we engage in worshipful work, fill us with your Holy Spirit, that we may know your will, walk in your ways, build up your church, and glorify you.  In Jesus' name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment