Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Is It You God? Are You There


Isaiah 40:27-28 Living Bible (TLB)

27 O Jacob, O Israel, how can you say that the Lord doesn’t see your troubles and isn’t being fair? 28 Don’t you yet understand? Don’t you know by now that the everlasting God, the Creator of the farthest parts of the earth, never grows faint or weary? No one can fathom the depths of his understanding. 
Photo by Breanna Klemm on Unsp
Knock. Knock, Are You There?
Is it You, God? Are you There? 
Sometimes I feel You've gone away.
You have other things to do today. 
I have so many questions for You.
Why do children suffer? And they do. 
Why did my Mother die so young?
It's hard to sing the hymns she has sung. 
I feel so helpless. What can I do?
How can one person heal the hurt, feed the poor? 
And comfort the sick, for You.
Am I bad to feel this way? 
To be confused and to say-
that sometimes I have lost the way;
Have doubted that which I was taught; forgot to pray. 
I wish there was more I could do
To help my world-to tell of you. 
Please give me strength to end my worry;
Keep my faith; to say I'm sorry. 
I am so grateful for your gifts to me-
My health, my home, my family. 
Knock. Knock. Please Let me in.
Forgive my mood. Forgive my sin.
Dear God, help me to shed my doubt, listen to you, be thankful for all I have and in some way, make a difference in my world. Amen.
Re-printed with Ranee Vetter's permission from St. Mark Presbyterian's 1999 Lenten Devotion.
Living Bible (TLB)
The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment